Monday, November 22, 2010

PyGame and GUI Programming - Multiple Database Access

Its been a while since I have started learning. What was fun in the beginning is more fun now. Python seems to be exceptionally powerful, and I have started getting the heart of it. So now I am planning to do an interface for accessing multiple databases. This will be the kind of real time project of me in Python, my way of saying "Hello World".


What?
An interface (first in command line and in GUI), that will be used to access databases.

Components ?
A server configuration screen where you can enter select Server type(Oracle/MySQL/MSSQL), enter server name, user name/password, select database.

After a database is selected, list all the tables that the database holds along with information of each object...

The easy part?
going to write in Python

The difficult part?
Everything else....

So python Enthusiast, help me with some of your thoughts, suggestions, i will try to post more code over here, once the project is in a good shape, i will codeplex it...

Happy Python !!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment